Current Music Environment: Music Marketing Demographics
Nice little article over at Hypebot (who are up to their necks in Midem at the moment) on some top line music market trends: according to a survey of more than 8,000 music consumers, 45% of listeners are happy to listen to an advert in order to fund a download of a track, and 41% to fund a stream of a song. Here is a run down of the stats:
- 8500 interviews in 13 countries
- 63% are passionate about music
- 14% would listen to music every minute of the day if they could.
- Streaming a favorite delivery method for 21%
- 29% admit to downloading without paying
- 30% bought a CD in the last month
- 11% bought a download within the month
- Video via mobile growing fastest in emerging markets
- 42% went to a concert last year
- 16% bought a concert DVD in last year
- 19% bought t-shirt / merch.
- Many OK with listening to an ad to download (45%) and stream (41%)