Meta Verified – get a verified badge, increased reach and more on Instagram and Facebook for $12/month
Yo dawg, I heard you like Twitter Blue… Meta Verified gives you many of the same benefits as Twitter Blue, on Facebook and Instagram.
On Sunday, Mark Zuckerberg announced Meta Verified in an Instagram Broadcast Channel. Meta Verified is a new service coming to Facebook and Instagram that provides account verification, impersonation protections, increased visibility and reach across search, comments and recommendation surfaces, as well as live chat support for a paid subscription.
- A verified badge, confirming you’re the real you and that your account has been authenticated with a government ID.
- More protection from impersonation with proactive account monitoring for impersonators who might target people with growing online audiences.
- Help when you need it with access to a real person for common account issues.
- Increased visibility and reach with prominence in some areas of the platform– like search, comments and recommendations.
- Exclusive features to express yourself in unique ways.
The last point’s features includes exclusive stickers on Facebook Stories, Instagram Stories and Facebook Reels, as well as 100 free stars a month on Facebook. Hopefully identify check before, during and after applying for Meta Verified will help the launch be more successful than the early days of Twitter Blue.
The test is starting this week in Australia and New Zealand, before rolling out globally soon. Subscribers must be at least 18 years old, and verify with a government ID that matches the Facebook and Instagram account. Accounts must have prior posting history. Meta Verified is not open to businesses. During testing, there will be no changes to accounts on Facebook and Instagram that are already verified.
- $11.99 USD per month on the web
- $14.99 USD per month on iOS and Android
- $19.99 AUD per month on the web
- $24.99 AUD per month on iOS and Android
- $23.99 NZD per month on the web
- $29.99 NZD per month on iOS and Android
Long term, we want to build a subscription offering that’s valuable to everyone, including creators, businesses and our community at large. As part of this vision, we are evolving the meaning of the verified badge so we can expand access to verification and more people can trust the accounts they interact with are authentic.Meta in a blog post
Did you know you can upload your music to Meta for free, and start monetizing across Facebook and Instagram?