One of the world’s biggest, monumental festivals is almost upon us again and Google are providing the hype before the date arrives.
Coachella is just days away and to get you in the mood for a week of festivities, amazing music, and fun in the valley Google have some fun additions for their Home Speakers. Google Home and Google Assistant are the perfect accompaniment for Coachella this year.
With your Google Home, Mini, Max or your phone’s Google Assistant you can say “Hey Google, talk to Coachella” and then:
- Discover new artists: You know your must-see artists for the weekend, but this year’s lineup is flush with amazing acts that you may not be familiar with. This new feature allows you to discover new artists playing the festival, and gives you exclusive playlists to get you up to speed with the 2018 lineup.
- Create your festival schedule: Once the artists’ set times are announced, you’ll be able to ask the Google Assistant what time your favorite artists are playing, then add them straight to the Coachooser app.
- Get answers to festival FAQs: You can get performance times, travel info, what’s allowed into the festival and all that jazz.
- Get the backstage experience: Whether you’re tuning in at home or in person at Coachella, you can listen to backstage interviews with some of your favourite artists once the festival begins.
- Test your Coachella knowledge: Which artist got a surprise celeb kiss on stage during a 2015 headlining performance? Play trivia to test your knowledge of memorable Coachella moments and performances, and get excited for what may happen this year.
When you get to Coachella the fun from Google doesn’t end. Google have transformed some of the Ferris wheel gondolas into Pixel photo booths with transforming, colourful backdrops for taking the greatest selfies whilst you’re soaring above the festival.
Coachella’s YouTube channel will be live-streaming some of the biggest acts coming to the Californian festival including Beyoncé, The Weeknd, ODESZA, Post Malone, The War on Drugs, Kygo, Chromeo, Alan Walker, BØRNS, alt-j and many more. You can even watch in virtual reality with the VR180 livestream so it’s like you’re actually there at the festival.
“Whether you’re packing your bags for Indio or tuning in from your couch, we’ve got you covered.”