Alesis’ new VX49 MIDI keyboard and controller promises a fully integrated workflow offering “advanced control of virtual instruments and DAWs.”
With the VX49 keyboard Alesis aim to combine “the creative power of software instruments with the live playability of a keyboard workstation.” With a 49 note keyboard and various creative and production features Alesis’ new keyboard controller looks set to take the main place in any producers arsenal of equipment.
The VX49’s crown jewel is it’s integrated high-resolution, full-colour, 4.3 inch display that adapts itself to any plugin’s controls for 1:1 real-time access to parameters feedback. The screen also includes dedicated interface buttons for controlling any virtual instruments or can be assigned to MIDI CC messages for control over DAWs and external gear.
The VX49 uses Akai’s Virtual Instrument Player (VIP) software to take control of your entire VST library and combines this with the versatile, playability of a keyboard workstation. VIP is compatible with any VSTi virtual instrument, including the 7 premium VST plugins bundled with the VX49.
Product Manager at Alesis, Walter Skorupski, said: “The VX49 is a huge step forward for serious keyboard players and producers. Players can access and manipulate virtual instruments right from their keyboard, without ever being distracted by a computer. The entire creative/performance process is so smooth, seamless and natural.
“VX49 and VIP doesn’t slow the artist down – it works with them to maximise their experience and creative potential. We’re unlocking VST’s to feel like real hardware instruments. This is the way it’s supposed to be.”
Here are the Alesis VX49’s primary features:
- High resolution coloured screen with dedicated interface buttons
- Screen provides 1:1, real-time feedback of plugin parameters
- Includes VIP – load, play and control any VST plugin
- 8 performance-ready 360° knobs
- Custom 49-key Alesis semi weighted keybed with aftertouch
- 8 velocity and pressure-sensitive drum pads with RGB illumination
- Dedicated pad bank, transport control, octave and performance buttons
- Role mode, time division, pattern arpeggiator and tap tempo buttons
- Expression pedal and footswitch inputs
- Standalone MIDI controller or control you plugins and DAW simultaneously.
The Alesis VX49 will be available from December 15th at a retail price of $399.99/£350.