Image Credit: 2Rule
2RuleSynth from 2Rule is a free software synthesizer with plenty of presets and controls to help you find your own unique sound.
The new synthesizer from indie developer 2Rule is perfect for beginners and pros with 49 classic analogue synth presets to help you get started. These can be personalized to your own unique sound or go fully experimental and use the randomize button to explore endless new tones. With individual LFO and ADSR dials for both oscillators, once you’ve found your desired sound, save your favourites as presets for easy access on your next tune.
- 2 Independent Oscillators
- Waveforms: Sine, Saw, Triangle, Square, White Noise.
- Controls: Waveform, Mode, Fine-Tune, Octave.
- Each Oscillators has its own filter , amp and filter ADSR and LFOs
- ADSR Controls: Depth, Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release.
- LFOs for amp, filter and pitch syncable to tempo
- Ring algorithm Osc1 x Osc2
- FM modulator Oscillator 1 modulates Oscillator 2.
- Self resonance Moog type filter Low Pass,High Pass, Band Pass for each oscillator
- Mono/Polyphonic control.
- Spectrum and Wave Windows
- Delay syncable to tempo
- Waveshape distortion
- 8 note polyphonic operation.
- Preset randomize button
- 49 factory presets (some suitable for Musique concrète)
2RuleSynth was developed using the JUCE C++ framework and is still in beta, but is compact in size, stable and well-optimized for all compatible DAWs. The developer says they will update the synth over time to add missing features and fix bugs. The free download is available in VST3 format only, so there’s currently no AU or AAX. Simply download the 1-3MB ZIP for Windows or macOS here, then extract to your plugins folder. Here you’ll also find a link to donate to the developer via PayPal. Explore the rest of the site for more free plugins.
Here’s a demo from SYNTH ANATOMY: