YouTube Music Foundry’s ever growing roster of artists now include 12 new fresh talents from around the world.
Foundry’s artist development program support independent artists in their early stages. Providing them with marketing, promotional and development support to set them up long term, that would otherwise be difficult for independents.
Foundry was launched in 2015 and has since supported over 150 emerging artists from more than 13 countries around the world. Dua Lipa was in Foundry’s first ever roster.
2020’s new additions include artists from a broad range of genres:
- Adam Melchor – charming LA singer-songwriter
- Eladio Carrion – Puerto Rican trap storyteller
- Gabriel Garzón-Montano – audacious Brooklyn based multifaceted artist
- Jaykae – respected Birmingham grime artist and actor
- Joesef – radiant Glasgow R&B singer
- Natanael Cano – LA-based corridos trailblazer
- Novelbright – five-piece Japanese indie rock band
- LimeCordiale – Sydney pop-rock brothers
- LostStoriesMusic – soaring Mumbai DJ/producer duo
- REI AMI – defiant Korean-American multitalent
- Tems – gifted Nigerian singer and producer
- TESSÆ – avant-garde French pop-rap artist
In these uncertain times it’s more important than ever for us to support and celebrate independent artists. Storytelling lies at the heart of YouTube. It’s the cornerstone for creating meaningful connections between artists and their fans, and we are delighted to help facilitate that process for the next generation of Foundry talent. The diversity of the class is testament to the sheer range of progressive sounds and visions we are currently witnessing, as artists around the world push boundaries to create truly exciting and unique art.Roz Mansfield – Artist Partnerships, YouTube UK