With 2020 coming to a close (thankfully), TikTok have compiled the top 10 in certain categories, such as viral videos, trends, hashtags, challenges etc.
TikTok has seen tremendous growth in 2020, becoming the social media platform of choice for many Gen Zers and beyond, around the world stuck at home during the pandemic.
It’s been our honor to watch these videos and creators grow and share what have become iconic, sometimes even life-changing, moments of 2020. TikTok is here to bring joy, and with the year we’ve experienced, I’m thrilled to take a trip down memory lane and celebrate the myriad of ways the TikTok community helped us come together, bridge divides, and find both lightness and poignancy when we needed it most.Pappas, Interim Head of TikTok
You can find the full top 100 here. Here are the top 10 songs according to TikTok.
1. “Savage Love” (Laxed – Siren Beat) – Jawsh 685 & Jason Derulo – The cross-continental chart-topper that only could have started on TikTok.
I can’t stop watching this @justmaiko♬ Savage Love (Laxed – Siren Beat) – Jawsh 685 & Jason Derulo
2. “Savage” Remix – Megan Thee Stallion – Megan’s empowering anthem slays with help from two queens: Beyoncé and @keke.janajah.
My first attempt at the #savageremixchallange 😭😂 🐝🐎♬ original sound – Megan Thee Stallion
3. “OUT WEST” (feat. Young Thug) – Travis Scott – One of the first and biggest viral hits of 2020.
4. “WAP” (feat. Megan Thee Stallion) – Cardi B – 🙈
5. “Say So” – Doja Cat – Bouncy pop jam that helped make Doja Cat one of the creators’ favorite artists.
SAY SO MEETS CATFISH W/ @nevschulman @kamiecrawford 💖♬ Say So – Doja Cat
6. “Tap In” – Saweetie – Saweetie once again won hearts with this twerkable banger.
7. “The Box” – Roddy Ricch – The TikTok community powered this rap track and its unique ad-libs to 2020’s longest Hot 100 reign.
8. “Rags2Riches” (feat. ATR Son Son) – Rod Wave – The inspirational rap ballad to soundtrack dramatic glow-ups.
9. “Supalonely” (feat. Gus Dapperton) – BENEE – A combination of indie-pop bounce, self-deprecation, and quarantine-appropriate lyrics.
10. “What You Know Bout Love” – Pop Smoke – #ForeverPop
Dancing to 10k followers so my kids will think I’m cool. 😂 The things you do for 5th graders. #teacher♬ What You Know Bout Love – Pop Smoke