With 2020 coming to a close (thankfully), TikTok have compiled the top 10 in certain categories, such as viral videos, trends, hashtags, challenges etc.
TikTok has seen tremendous growth in 2020, becoming the social media platform of choice for many Gen Zers and beyond, around the world stuck at home during the pandemic.
It’s been our honor to watch these videos and creators grow and share what have become iconic, sometimes even life-changing, moments of 2020. TikTok is here to bring joy, and with the year we’ve experienced, I’m thrilled to take a trip down memory lane and celebrate the myriad of ways the TikTok community helped us come together, bridge divides, and find both lightness and poignancy when we needed it most.Pappas, Interim Head of TikTok
You can find the full top 100 here. Here are the top 10 trends, hashtags, and challenges according to TikTok.
1. #YouHaveTo – You have to learn from these videos.
2. #BlindingLights – A dance for the ages.
3. #TwoPrettyBestFriends – Have you ever seen it?
why y’all never choose another equal to be y’all best friend?? I hate when the ugly one call the pretty 1 “twin” if ur best friend bad as u tag her rn♬ original sound – Jordan Scott 🦋
4. #HurtMyFeelings – This time I’ll be bulletproof.
5. #RandomThings – Showing off random things that just make sense.
6. #DontLeaveMe – Puns and smiles.
7. #IAmLost – Pouring some out for all the items we’ve lost.
8. #BoredInTheHouse – In the house, bored with a beat.
9. #TimeWarpScan – Limitless transformations in one creative effect.
10. #MedievalTikTok – Can thee passeth the vibe checketh?
@dietblack ♬ This turned into a trend I dont know how (Shakira- Hips Don’t Lie) – Lichen Decay Forest
- Apple Music follow Spotify’s lead in highlighing songwriters with ‘Behind the Songs’ - March 1, 2021
- How to distribute music for free - March 1, 2021
- Apple Music will never have a free tier according to their head of music publishing - March 1, 2021