With 2020 coming to a close (thankfully), TikTok have compiled the top 10 in certain categories, such as viral videos, trends, hashtags, challenges etc.
TikTok has seen tremendous growth in 2020, becoming the social media platform of choice for many Gen Zers and beyond, around the world stuck at home during the pandemic.
It’s been our honor to watch these videos and creators grow and share what have become iconic, sometimes even life-changing, moments of 2020. TikTok is here to bring joy, and with the year we’ve experienced, I’m thrilled to take a trip down memory lane and celebrate the myriad of ways the TikTok community helped us come together, bridge divides, and find both lightness and poignancy when we needed it most.Pappas, Interim Head of TikTok
You can find the full top 100 here. Here are the top 10 niche communities according to TikTok.
1. #AltTikTok – You’ve landed on Alt TikTok.
2. #WitchTok – The community that cast a spell on us in 2020.
3. #DracoTok – Scared Potter?
4. #CottageCore – The peaceful simple life aesthetic.
5. #RugTikTok – Where every rug is a winner!
6. #ArtTikTok – Mesmerizing art for all.
7. #PlantTok – Because plants need love too.
8. #TheatreKids – My way. My way to Broadway!
9. #HolidayTikTok – Where the season officially starts on November 2.
It’s that time.. we could all use a little holiday cheer. Best faux Christmas trees around♬ Jingle Bell Rock – Bobby Helms