Many musicians, both small and big, are tweeting away as we speak (i.e. ?uestlove of The Roots, Imogen Heap, Sonic Youth, etc.). The following is a list of five Twitter applications for musicians and bands aimed towards building a community around their music. For a link to the original source at IndieMusicTech.com, please click here.
1) twitpic: send photos from your mobile phone which will post links to them on twitter; a quick way to give your fans a visual look at what your band is currently doing (for example: recording, rehearsal, sound check, etc.)
2) twiddeo: similar to twitpic, but for video, allowing you to provide short video clips of your shows, interviews, touring adventures, etc.
3) twtpoll: ask your fans a question and get a response via twitter (e.g. what cities should we play next?)
4) twitzu: create an event (e.g. meet and greet) with description and location info and send it to your twitter followers and receive RSVPs from them
5) tweetchat – create rooms in Twitter to post tweets about a particular topic (e.g. your latest release)