Top 5 Twitter Applications for Bands and Musicians
Many musicians, both small and big, are tweeting away as we speak (i.e. ?uestlove of The Roots, Imogen Heap, Sonic Youth, etc.). The following is a list of five Twitter applications for musicians and bands aimed towards building a community around their music. For a link to the original source at IndieMusicTech.com, please click here.
1) twitpic: send photos from your mobile phone which will post links to them on twitter; a quick way to give your fans a visual look at what your band is currently doing (for example: recording, rehearsal, sound check, etc.)
2) twiddeo: similar to twitpic, but for video, allowing you to provide short video clips of your shows, interviews, touring adventures, etc.
3) twtpoll: ask your fans a question and get a response via twitter (e.g. what cities should we play next?)
4) twitzu: create an event (e.g. meet and greet) with description and location info and send it to your twitter followers and receive RSVPs from them
5) tweetchat – create rooms in Twitter to post tweets about a particular topic (e.g. your latest release)