Streaming services pay every time someone listens to your music. This comes in either a fixed fee per stream or on a pro rata basis.
RouteNote only obtains the rights to distribute your music on your behalf. Artists always keep 100% ownership and rights.
Yes you can. However there are some things you must bear in mind. Most importantly Digital Booklets can only be uploaded at the same time as the album and not afterwards.
You may have noticed that Digital Booklets are not a standard part of the Routenote infrastructure. This means that when you upload your release that it is very important to coordinate with a member of the Routenote staff. So that we know to upload your release with your booklet which you will have to email to us separately.
There are some restrictions that you should be
Digital Booklets must:
* Be in PDF format (.pdf)
* 72 dpi minimum
* Have Width 11 inches x height 8.264 inches
* RGB colour formatted
* Minimum 4 pages in length
* Embed all fonts and images
* All images full-bleed. No negative space surrounding the document
It should go without saying that you should only include images that you legally own.
Bear in mind that your Digital Booklet will be viewed horizontally.
Yes. We can do this on your behalf. Simply send an email with the Artist Image you want and state your request.
However there are some restrictions that you should be
1. Artist images must be .jpg or .png files, square, at least 1200 x 1200 pixels on the shortest side, in the RGB color space, and at least 72 DPI.
2. The photo must not:
* Contain album cover art or the artist logo.
* Contain any text, including artist names, roles, dates, instruments, or current and former bands.
* Include any title treatment or borders.
* Contain photo credit information.
3. Images must not be upscaled.
4. You must legally own the image.
You can have an Artist Gallery as well. All the same restrictions apply except that it only has to be 1200 pixels on the shortest side.