SoundCloud have added a new feature to help artists raise money either for themselves in these difficult times or for others like charity.
Many artists have been forced into a tight spot by the Coronavirus which is leaving them without live performances and by extension a huge source of income. SoundCloud have come out with a list of initiatives they’re providing for artists to help them out.
The latest feature to launch is the ability to add a simple button to your SoundCloud profile. This button allows listeners to click on it and they’ll be sent to a place where they can donate or fundraise for the artist or other good causes.
It’s as simple as this:
- Click the “Edit” button on the top right side of your profile page on web
- In the “Edit your Profile” pop-up, click “Add support link” to add a link to financial exchanges or online stores like Kickstarter, Bandcamp, Patreon, Paypal and more (full list of supported platforms can be accessed here – SoundCloud never takes a cut)
- Hit “Save changes” to generate a Support button on your profile that’s visible above your stats and on your track pages
- Use your bio to let fans know what they’re supporting – whether it’s your rent for the month or the album you dropped this week
- Promote on socials so your day-ones know there’s a way to help you beyond playing your tracks on repeat
SoundCloud say: “We’ve built this feature to help creators impacted by the COVID-19 virus and will keep it active as long as we’re all in this so you can fund your projects, offset bills, or get whatever you need to stay on your feet.”