Spotify release full platform for artists to customise pages and view statistics
Spotify just launched their platform for artists to track their performance and personalise their artist page on the massive music streaming site.
Spotify’s Fan Insights has cocooned out of beta into the full artist-focussed platform ‘Spotify For Artists’ opening up a bunch of brilliant tools as well as vastly easier artist verification. “The set of tools we’ve built to help artists better understand their fans has evolved, and we’re excited to bring these tools together in one place.”
Spotify for Artists is made to be the one-stop hub for artists with their music on Spotify. It lets artists and management access information about who listens to their music and individual song data. Additionally you’re able to edit the image on your artist page, share what your favourite music is at the moment and add playlists to the artist profile – as well as much more:
Know who’s listening.
- Demographics: Learn about who your listeners are on Spotify — including their age, their gender, and what features they’re using to discover and play your music. Use your insights to refine promotion or secure new partnerships.
- Location: See detailed breakdowns of where people are listening to your music. Artists are using this data to route tours and pitch songs to local radio.
- Similar artists: See other artists your fans are listening to so you can find a perfect tourmate or collaborator — or use it to better target your marketing.
- Live listeners: Your live listeners update in real time, so you know how many people are listening to your music on Spotify.
Track your performance.
- Song data: Stay on top of how well your latest single is performing or measure the impact of your marketing on your streams.
- Playlist data: Playlists are key to reaching new listeners on Spotify. See who’s adding your music to their playlists and how that’s helping you get discovered.
- Playlist notifications: Getting added to a Spotify playlist is a moment to celebrate — so we’ll let you know when we add you to one of our 4,500 curated playlists.
Personalize your artist profile.
- Artist image: Update your image whenever you want so Spotify always reflects your latest look.
- Artist’s pick: Let fans know what you’re into by featuring a song, album, or playlist at the top of your artist profile. It’s a great way to show some love to another artist or let fans know about a track you’re featured on.
- Artist playlists: Add playlists to your artist profile — whether they’re ones you’ve created for fans or a fellow artist’s playlist you’ve got on repeat.
Get answers from the Spotify team.
- Simplified verification: Once you have access to Spotify for Artists, you’ll get a verified check mark on your artist profile. The days of submitting a separate verification request are over.
- Help center: Spotify have beefed up their guide and FAQs with more information about Spotify and Spotify for Artists.
- Get in touch: Spotify’s artist support team is here and ready to answer any questions you have.
Spotify released Fan Insights in 2015 to help artists understand their performance and help them gain unique insights about their music and listeners. Over the space of 17 months Spotify have been learning and refining the platform for the full launch of ‘Spotify for Artists. Spotify say: “We’ve spent time with many artists and managers, listening to their feedback and improving the product. And we’ve heard stories of Fan Insights making an impact by unlocking new touring opportunities and improving artist marketing efforts.”
Spotify added: “This is just the beginning. We’ll continue rapidly evolving and growing Spotify for Artists based on your feedback; you and every artist on Spotify deserve the chance to build an audience, engage your fans, express yourself, and get the support you need.”
Members of Spotify’s Fan Insights beta will automatically be transferred to Spotify for Artists. New users can sign up here: artists.spotify.com/c/access