M-Audio release details on their new compact and affordable studio speakers, BX3: 3.5-inch – $100 and BX4: 4.5-inch – $150.
Other than the physical and driver size and weight, BX3 and BX4 are almost identical. The only other differences lie in frequency responses. BX3 reaches down to 80Hz, while BX4 manages 69Hz.
M-Audio release the best pairs of multimedia, pro-grade, reference monitors in their price range. BX3 & BX4 are 120-watts desktop speakers capable of studio monitor sound, perfect for content creations such as music/video production, live streaming, podcasting or DJing. Equally, if you’re just looking for a pair of decent PC speakers that are a significant step up from those built in to your computer, both are suited to consuming music, movies, video games, video calls, or even hooked up a record player.
The budget friendly speakers come in an attractive design. The low frequency drivers are made from Black Kevlar producing punchy defined low end, while a 1-inch natural silk dome tweeter and computer-optimized tweeter waveguide produces precise stereo imaging and silky, crystal clear highs. The speakers are housed in an acoustically-inert MDF cabinet with bass reflex design for deep, full and rich sound, with smooth low end.
Around the back you’ll find an enhanced rear port for extended low frequency response, left/right active speaker position switch, for easy positioning of the speaker with the volume dial and ports, high-EQ/low-EQ controls usually found on more expensive pairs, allowing you to customize the sound, and 1/4-inch, 1/8-inch and RCA inputs for connecting to any source. The front also holds a 1/8-inch AUX input for quick and easy connection to a phone or computer.
Included is a copy of Pro Tools First – M-Audio Edition, the lite version of the professional audio software to get you started on music/podcast production at no extra cost.
- 3.5”/4.5” Black Kevlar® low frequency drivers; 1” natural silk dome tweeters
- New computer-optimized tweeter waveguide for precise imaging
- High-EQ and Low-EQ controls for dialing in the perfect sound
- Enhanced rear ports for extended low-frequency response
- Left/Right Active Speaker Position Switch for configuring which side has volume control
- 1/4”, 1/8”, and RCA inputs for connecting to virtually any audio source
- Front 1/8” AUX input for quick connection of smartphones or other audio sources
- Acoustically-inert MDF cabinet with bass reflex design for deep, rich sound
- Includes 1/8” speaker interconnect cable, 1/8” to 1/8” cable, 1/8” to RCA cable and Foam Feet
M-Audio BX3 & BX4 are available to order today on Amazon, with shipping starting on November 13th.