Apple’s music streaming service has no free tier, however there are multiple paid tiers to consider for access to over 90 million songs.
Voice plan, Student plan, Individual plan, Family plan, Premier plan… what do they all mean? We help you choose the right Apple Music subscription for your music needs.
Apple Music has over 90 million songs and 30,000 curated and personalized playlists available, all ad-free. Subscribers also get access to spatial audio with dynamic head tracking and lossless audio for supported devices. You can also download tracks for access to your library offline, or use lyrics view to sign along. Say “Hey Siri” to request and control music via the voice assistant. Apple Music is supported across devices such as iOS and Android phones and tablets, Apple Watch, Mac and Windows computers, plus CarPlay and smart TVs.
New Apple Music users get three months free.
- Voice (coming soon) – $4.99 per month: Only available via Siri.
- Student – $4.99 per month: Available across devices for verified students.
- Individual – $9.99 per month: Available across devices.
- Family – $14.99 per month: Up to six accounts with separate music libraries and personalized recommendations.
Those who mostly stream music via Siri, such as on a HomePod or in the car, may want enjoy the discounted $4.99 per month price. Students get a 50% discount with all of the regular features. Family members may want to share the cost of a Family plan for access for as little as $2.50.
Apple launched their bundle service around a year ago. Apple One combines Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade and iCloud+, plus Apple News+ and Apple Fitness+ on the highest tier.
- Individual – $14.95: Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade and iCloud+ with 50GB.
- Family – $19.95 per month: Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade and iCloud+ with 200GB. Up to six accounts with private access to each service.
- Premier – $29.95 per month: Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, iCloud+ with 2TB, Apple News+ and Apple Fitness+. Up to six accounts with private access to each service.
If you already subscribe to one of Apple’s other services or are interested, Apple One may be the way to go for access to Apple Music.