Sweden Loves Streaming!

In the birth place of streaming giants Spotify and SoundCloud, Sweden love streaming! In fact, according to Music Business Worldwide 2014 statistics, 80% of all music sales in Sweden come directly from streaming services such as Spotify, Rdio, Google Play Music and WiMP. Strangely, of the remaining 20%, 15% is generated from CD and Vinyl sales, with only 4% from downloads (iTunes etc.)

Streaming In Sweden

Next door in Norway, new stats reveal piracy have fallen in the last 5 years, from 2009 80% admitting ‘Yes’ to illegal downloading, to last years 96% saying ‘No’.

Norway Music Download

SiriusXM are going beyond the car with unlimited streaming

SiriusXM are a big name in digital music, but most of that notoriety comes from in-car streaming. Now they want people to start streaming them from everywhere. SiriusXM rule the online radio-waves, offering more than…

Hilton Hotels the latest major company sued for not licensing music

You’d think the people running one of the biggest hospitality companies in the world would understand simple licenses… It seems not. Hilton Worldwide are facing a lawsuit after the unlicensed use of music in videos…