Streaming music in your car is about to get a whole lot smoother with SiriusXM’s new satellite streaming service.
Radio streaming service SiriusXM have announced their new satellite streaming car interface called ‘360L’. The service offers SiriusXM’s 200+ channels as well as an easy way to get recommendations and explore new music so that you don’t have to search through music while you’re driving.
The 360L will provide recommendations on the touch screen based on listening preferences and what you’re listening to at the time, making it simple to change your choice with the tap of a finger. It will even expand further on SiriusXM’s music service with on-demand programming that has never been seen before in the dash.
Executive Vice President of Products, Operations & Connected Vehicle Services at SiriusXM, Jim Cady said: “We think SiriusXM with 360L will revolutionise the way you listen to audio in the car, and we are excited to launch it in the all-new Ram 1500 (SiriusXM partnered with FCA US LLC for 360L’s launch), which once again is a leader in bringing the latest technological advancements to drivers. SiriusXM with 360L comes along at a time when embedded connectivity is enhancing the in-vehicle entertainment experience for more and more drivers and their passengers.
“We are using that connectivity to take a giant step forward with our platform, and SiriusXM with 360L improves both our consumer offering and our ability to understand and serve our subscribers. With a better, more adaptable user interface, it allows easy access to content on demand, more personalised programming and an improved display. It will also enable us to understand user behaviour, and so over time be better at recommendations and discovery across our wide bundle of content.”
If you haven’t got time for reading and just want to know what’s in it?!, well here you go:
- More channels (now 200+) available to listeners on their in-dash Uconnect 4C NAV with 12-inch display, including many channels previously only available online.
- Access to thousands of hours of recorded on-demand shows, interviews, and events in the car, giving the listener more of what they want, when they want to hear it.
- Enhanced sports play-by-play offering that makes it easier to find the listener’s favorite team when it is game time, and gives them access to the official broadcasts for more pro and college teams.
A more personalized experience
- Smart content recommendations enable listeners to discover more of what they love, based on listening habits, and it is all served up on screen in an easy to use way.
- Dynamic user interface allows for easy navigation between channels, shows, and both live and recorded content.
- Individual listener profiles allow multiple drivers and passengers to customize and maintain their own presets and favorites.
- Profiles can be synced with listener’s mobile phone to seamlessly access their favorites and pick up listening where they left off in the car on select content.
Ease of use
- Drivers and passengers can use their voice to search SiriusXM’s extensive library of content, or they can sit back and let “For You” recommendations serve up great content choices.
- Subscribers can manage their account, renew their subscription and contact SiriusXM through the touch screen on the dash when their vehicle is parked.
- SiriusXM with 360L can receive over the air updates so users can conveniently get new features at any time.
Ram 1500 owners will receive a one-year subscription to SiriusXM All Access with the purchase of equipped 2019 model vehicles.