Spire is the new, free app from Emmy-award winning audio technology company iZotope. Spire is a four-track recorder for your iOS device that simplify’s and professionalises your recordings.
Izotope claim that Spire is like having an “audio engineer in your pocket” thanks to the app’s ability to add professional polish to your recordings allowing you to make great sounding recordings wherever you are. Spire’s automatic signal processing is designed so that users of the app can share their creations with anyone easily, whether that be via text, email or to other applications.
Spires main features include:
- Built-in limiter, de-esser, dynamic EQ, compressor and stereo imager.
- Simple touch and drag mixing and adjustable mic input controls.
- Voice command offers hands-free control.
- Streamlined metronome including tap-tempo function.
- Sharing capabilities through SoundCloud, text, email, apps and cloud storage such as Google Drive and Dropbox.
Watch a preview of the app below:
And below watch a comparison of audio recorded normally and then through Spire with it’s professional mastering.