SoundCloud and Twitch are offering creators great benefits together as well as a new stream series to get connected and creative with
SoundCloud have partnered with Twitch to fast-track Affiliate status for Pro, Premier and Repost creators. This means it’s even easier for SoundCloud users to get paid for streaming on Twitch.
More than this, they’ve also started a new series which began last Friday. Their Twitch channel is being turned into a: “New home for all artists, creatives and listeners to meet emerging acts, hear from some major names in music and connect directly with the SoundCloud team and experts.”
Friday their Twitch streams began with music and tech journalist Cherie Hu, providing her tips for artists on adapting to the current musical climate. The series continues throughout the week with a variety of content.
- Studio Sessions with Soulection: Join Soulection founder Joe Kay and special guests as they dig through the crates of SoundCloud to find hidden gems. Comment on Joe’s picks, give shoutouts and promote your latest drop in the live chat.
>> Tune in every other Wednesday from 2-3:30 p.m. EST if you want inspiration for your next track or to be taken on a journey of music discovery.
- Fresh Pressed: Get the stories behind the best new tracks, directly from the artists who made them. Inspired by the playlist of the same name, Fresh Pressed serves up the hottest new releases hitting SoundCloud each week, hosted by SoundCloud music experts and featuring guest appearances by some exciting new talent and the biggest names in music.
>> Tune in every Monday from 2-3:30 EST if you want to hear the latest SoundCloud tracks first and compare notes with other tastemakers.
- Cloud Bar: From self-care to the state of live music today, we’re going deep on the issues and topics that matter most to artists today. Get advice, insight and hear personal stories from the SoundCloud team and a range of experts. Check the calendar below to find out who’s on each week and what time we’re going live.
>> Tune in every Thursday if you want to learn more about self-care, the music media landscape and the future of “live” events – or to share some your own thoughts & advice.
- Fast Track: We invite breakout beatmakers to go live on our channel and make a beat in 60 minutes. We’ll then make this a free download on our SoundCloud page for creators and producers to use for their next track.
>> Tune in every other Wednesday if you’re looking for new beats or want to give live feedback on what’s being cooked up.
See below for the calendar of events for the next few weeks. SoundCloud are also planning some surprises outside of our regular programming, so be sure to follow twitch.tv/soundcloud to make sure you don’t miss a stream.
- May 6th – 2-3:30 p.m. EST / 7-8:30 p.m GMT | Studio Sessions with Soulection’s Joe Kay
- May 7th – 2-5 p.m. EST / 7-10 p.m GMT | Cloud Bar with artist Vic Mensa, Jessie Reyez’s manager Byron Wilson, CAA super agents Zach Iser and Caroline Yim (who represent Jhene Aiko, Rae Sremmurd, Future, Kehlani and more) and Matt and Jordan, Daniel Caesar’s managers.
- May 11th – 2-330 p.m EST / 7-8:30 p.m GMT | Fresh Pressed
- May 13th – 2-3:30 p.m. EST / 7-8:30 p.m GMT | Fast Track with Output
- May 14th – 9-12 p.m EST / 2-5 p.m. GMT | Cloud Bar with music editor of The Guardian, Ben Beaumont Thomas and more TBC, and Maya Jane Coles’ manager Steve Braines
- May 18th – 2-330 p.m EST / 7-8:30 p.m GMT | Fresh Pressed
- May 20th – 2-3:30 p.m. EST / 7-8:30 p.m GMT | Studio Sessions with Soulection
New to Twitch? Here’s how to follow SoundCloud and tune in.
- Download the Twitch app in the app store on mobile or visit twitch.tv on desktop
- Sign up by creating a Twitch account
- Go to twitch.tv/soundcloud to visit our channel
- Follow the channel to stay up-to-date with fresh content and receive notifications when we go live