Bonding over music creates a special kind of connection and with playlists these connections can be made anywhere.
Each one of us has our own unique tastes, music that means something to us personally, our own selections to turn to when we’re feeling happy, or sad, or angry. Sharing these exclusive tastes and particular passions connects us, it helps us to grow and to discover new things.
Creating your own custom playlists lets you define a collection of your tastes, of your top tracks. Maybe it represents a mood, maybe they’re all your favourites from a band, maybe they’re just a mixtape of songs with the word “peanut” in – you can create any selection of songs you want with playlists.
If you use Apple Music, here’s how you can easily create and share playlists:
- Head to your Apple Music app, iTunes or their new website player.
- Tap on ‘My Music’ and then head to the Playlists column.
- You’ll be able to see a ‘New’ button, on the top right if you’re using the app.
- Now you can either select the plus button from the playlist to select songs to add to the playlist or browse Apple Music and click the three-dots to ‘Add to Playlist’ on any track, album, or other playlist.
- Once your playlist is how you want it you can share it with other Apple Music users.
- Click the three-dot icon on the playlist for all the options.
- Select ‘Share Playlist’ and then you can send the playlist via message, email, social media, and more.
Unfortunately with Apple Music you can’t create collaborative playlists that you and your friends can all contribute to, like on Spotify. But by creating your own custom playlists and sharing them around you can still spread the love of music.