Overloud have released an emulation of the legendary API 550 equaliser and are giving away free copies until the 18th.
Overloud’s EQ550 takes the best features from the renowned API 550 EQ and enhances upon it in an incredible $139 package. But the awesome people at Overloud are giving away 1000 free copies of their equaliser plugin a day until the 18th of March.
Modelled from the American API 500 with custom op-amps the EQ550 is a powerful equaliser that will bring a lot of power to your mixes. It emulates what made the original amazing and even expands upon it to make it more appropriate for modern processing. The EQ550 adds a Band Cue, continuous frequency selection, and an additional mid band.
Beyond it’s new additions it retains these incredible features from the original:
- Hyper-realistic simulation of the original Proportional Q equalizer, thanks to the 4th generation DSP technology
- 5 bands eq: 2 shelving/peaking, 2 peaking, 1 bandpass
- Individual band Cue
- Continuous frequency selection
- Simulation of all transformers in the original unit
- Low CPU usage: more than 1500 instances on a Macbook Pro Retina
- Multilevel undo-redo
- A/B Comparison
- Lots of presets designed in real mixing sessions
- Scribble Strips: take notes anywhere on the plugin panel
It has a Proportional-Q design, meaning that the bandwidth of the filters becomes narrow when the gain of the filter increases. For low gain settings the EQ delivers a smoother tone: its character becomes more and more aggressive when the bands gain band is raised. This design makes the EQ550 unique.
EQ550 exactly reproduces the original frequency response even in the highest-end of the spectrum, near the Nyquest frequency, which is the point where most of the digital simulations fail. Thanks to a proprietary DSP technology, Overloud has been able to achieve this result with no phase distortion and without using oversampling.
There’s only a couple of days left to try and get your free copy so don’t wait around and go get yours now: overloud.com/products/eq550