Apple has quietly made all of their iWork, iMovie and GarageBand apps on Mac and iOS free for all customers on both platforms.
iWork is a suite of productivity apps – Numbers, Keynote and Pages — meant to rival Microsoft Office and Google Docs. Making these apps free now lifts the barrier to entry, so it will be very interesting to see if adoption rises at a rapid pace.
Below is a list of the now free apps, along with the software version requirements needed to run the latest versions:
- iWork Mac: macOS 10.12 or later
- iWork iOS: iOS 10.0 or later
- iMovie Mac: macOS 10.11.2 or later
- iMovie iOS: iOS 9.3 or later
- GarageBand Mac: macOS 10.10 or later
- GarageBand iOS: iOS 10.2 or later